Friday, March 12, 2010

Beef Bourguignon...

Tonight I made Beef Bourguignon...ok, I didn't really make it, Supper Supers did.  The in-laws had a gift certificate so we thought we would try it out.  I did have to cook it though and let me tell you the aromas that filled the house were heavenly.

Beef Bourguignon is a dish that I would really like to make from scratch.  My desire to make it increased after seeing Julie & Julia, of course.  I currently do not own Julia Child's french cook book (even though I love her so) but hope to acquire it soon.

Tomorrow we are having friends over for the dinner.  This will be the first time since we moved home 6 months ago.  I am itching to entertain.  I think the menu will consist of Swiss Steak, my mother's recipe that I like to tweak a little even though it makes her want to disown me for "changing a family recipe that is wonderful as is".  I also think there will be some sort of potato dish and another veggie...maybe squash or green beans.  And for desert, I'm not sure just yet.  I need to go in search of a good recipe. 

Until tomorrow when I let you know how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment